Sayings I’ve tried to live by while here:
- If you find each day being the same, do something about it and make a change.
- You’ll see the beauty in a place only if you stop and stare.
- Take advantage of every opportunity.
- Be firmly rooted in the Word and in prayer.
Personal inspiration while here:
- Romans 8:37-39 because we are “more than conquerors through him who loved us” and the Greek would almost translate this “hyper-conquerors” if I’m not mistaken.
- Galatians 6:9-10 encouraging me to not be weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as I have opportunity, I am called to do good to all, especially to those who belong to the family of believers
- The song “As the Deer”:
As the deer panteth for the water So my soul longeth after thee You alone are my heart’s desire And I long to worship thee
You’re my friend and you are my brother Even though you are a king I love you more than any other So much more than anything
I want you more than gold or silver, only you can satisfy. You alone are the real joy-giver and the apple of my eye.
Chorus: You alone are my strength, my shield To you alone may my spirit yield You alone are my heart’s desire And I long to worship thee